A spectacular sunriseThe sun rises over mid-Missouri in spectacular fashion on the morning of Dec. 11, 2017. (Bob Stewart/The Concordian)
Holiday Traditions: The Wells FamilyAccording to Andrew Wells, of Concordia, he and his wife, Angie, both come from “Christmas-happy” families. He added their festive backgrounds have become part of their family as well. “Angie would...
- PTRPC names new executive director (12/13/17)
- Board of Aldermen authorize water contract, proposal for hazardous waste disposal site (12/13/17)
- Missouri State Veterans Cemetery to host annual wreath ceremony (12/13/17)
- Holiday Traditions: Large family makes for variations in Cooper family traditions (12/6/17)
- Students honored in local Patriot’s Pen, Voice of Democracy contests (12/6/17)
- Business Spotlight: Area race track provides indoor racing during winter months (12/6/17)
Girls I-70 Conference Tournament play (12/13/17)Concordia 45 Saint Paul 31 In the second match of the I-70 Conference girls basketball tournament’s second round, the five-seeded Concordia High School Orioles took on the eight-seeded Saint Paul Lutheran High School Saints. Despite another much-improved second half showing, the Orioles were too much for the Saints as they would go on to defeat Saint Paul 45-31...
Saints boys basketball brings home I-70 Conference Tournament championship (12/13/17)Eight teams began the 1-70 Conference boys basketball tournament, but only two would get the opportunity to play for the championship: the top-seeded Wellington-Napoleon High School Tigers and the second-seeded Saint Paul Lutheran High School Saints. In a clash of I-70 titans, it was the Saints who would prevail victorious, defeating Well-Nap 62-52...
- Lady Chiefs take I-70 Conference Tournament Championship (12/13/17)
- I-70 Conference Tournament boys semifinal round (12/13/17)
- I-70 Conference girls basketball first round match-ups (12/13/17)
- I-70 Tournament pits Concordia against Santa Fe in third-place game (12/13/17)
- First-round match-ups for I-70 Conference Tournament (12/13/17)
Jack D. Hollingsworth (12/12/17)Jack D. Hollingsworth, 73, of Gravois Mills, Missouri, formerly of Concordia, Missouri, died Monday, Dec. 11, 2017, at The Lutheran Nursing Home in Concordia. Memorial services will be held at 2:00...
Ken Wilsie (12/4/17)Ken Wilsie, 70, of Concordia, died Dec. 1, at St. Luke’s on the plaza in Kansas City. Graveside services will be held at 3 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 5, at the City Cemetery, in Higginsville, with Pastor...
Violet Mae Trautman (12/4/17)Violet Mae Trautman, 95, of rural Sweet Springs, Missouri, died Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017, at I-70 Community Hospital in Sweet Springs. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2017,...
Joan Elizabeth (Bryce) Fitzpatrick, Ph.D. (12/4/17)Joan Fitzpatrick Ph.D., 75 of Warrensburg, Missouri passed away Monday, November 27, 2017 at her home. Mass of Christian Burial with Father Joe Bathke, C.P.P.S., officiating will be held at 11 a.m....
Orval William Massey (11/20/17)Orval William Massey, Sr., age 79, of Waverly, passed away Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2017. A memorial service was held on Monday, Nov. 20, 2017. Born Oct. 7, 1938, Orval was the son of Benjamin Franklin...
Marjorie Scott Hamby (11/15/17)Marjorie Scott Hamby, 94, of Higginsville, Missouri, died on Thursday, Nov. 9, 2017, at her home. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 24, 2017, at First Baptist Church...
- Holiday Traditions: The Wells Family
- Business Spotlight: Area race track provides indoor racing during winter months
- Saints boys basketball brings home I-70 Conference Tournament championship
- Holiday Traditions: Large family makes for variations in Cooper family traditions
- I-70 Conference Tournament boys semifinal round
Latest State & Nation News