Replacement of the bulbs and other repairs will be completed by the end of the week, according to Concordia R-2 School District Superintendent Mary Beth Scherer. The cost of the project is $108,050. And, it is one of several bond projects that will take place this summer.
Following the lighting project, replacement of the chain-link fence around the football will also be completed. CR Fencing of Concordia, who was awarded the project in early June at a cost of $21,383, removed the old chain-link fence several days ago. But, had to wait until completion of the lighting project to put up the new fencing. The crew installing the lights needed the fence removed in order to get their large equipment onto the football field.
Other bond projects at the high school and elementary school approved by the Concordia R-2 Board of Education are:
* Replacement of elementary school roof -- $383,220;
* repairs to walls at the high school and elementary school -- $190,000;
* replacement of several old HVAC systems -- $293,756;
* repairs to kitchen ventilation system at the high school -- $32,385;
* repairs to an art room sink and waterline -- $1,425;
* refurbish lockers at high school -- $1,565;
* replace lockers at high school -- $15,916;
* replacement of football field fence at the high school -- $21,383; and
* refinish high school gymnasium floor -- $18,495.
Projects currently underway or completed include repairs to the walls, repainting the lockers, repairs to the HVAC systems, replacing the football field fence and repairing the ventilation system in the high school kitchen.
Contact Nathan St. Clair at