Winter Weather Advisory until 9:00 a.m. Wednesday
Areas of snow are expected to move into the region as early as 4 p.m. Tuesday evening, and will intensify and spread north through the evening and overnight hours. Precipitation type will likely remain all snow in far northwest and northern Missouri, but is expected to transition to freezing drizzle further to the east and southeast early Wednesday morning.
Snow accumulations up to six (6) inches are possible, as are ice accumulations up to a tenth (1/10) of an inch. The onset time of snow may be early enough to impact the end of the evening commute in the KC Metro and areas southwest, and slick/snowpacked roads are expected to hamper travel Tuesday night and Wednesday.
* WHAT ... Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 4 inches and ice accumulations of up to one tenth of an inch expected.
* WHERE ... Portions of east central and northeast Kansas and central, north central and west central Missouri.
* WHEN ... From 4 p.m. Tuesday to 9 a.m. CST Wednesday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS ... Plan on slippery road conditions.
* AFFECTED AREAS: SALINE ... LEAVENWORTH ... CASS ... JACKSON ... LAFAYETTE ... MIAMI ... RANDOLPH ... CLAY ... HOWARD ... CHARITON ... LINN ... PLATTE ... PETTIS ... JOHNSON ... RAY ... WYANDOTTE ... ATCHISON ... HENRY ... CARROLL ... JOHNSON ... COOPER ... BATES.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Expect slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.